31.5.14

Finished First Year!!!

Eight long months ago I was whizzing down the M6 with my Mum, Dad and a jam-packed car. I was moving to university. One of the scariest days of my life - I was leaving home for the first time. 
I was moving into Halls on the universities campus - And found my new home in Langton block O with 7 other girls. 
I literally felt like I'd been thrown into the Big Brother house. I guess I half expected it. Eight very different girls, eight very different personality, sleeping pattern, diets, hobbies, tastes etc… in some crazy social experiment to see if they could handle a house together. 
Lets just say its been interesting. But I've had a lot of fun…
 University has taught me so much and if you are thinking of going/not going then… GO!! You will learn more about yourself than every before. 
I've learnt three very important lessons:
1. Be Yourself.
Don't change for anyone but yourself. If people are not willing to accept and appreciate you for you, then they're not worth knowing. Don't be pressured or pretentious… just confident in your own skin.
 That way… your TRUE friend shine through (I Promise). 
2. Let it go. 
Life is far too short… and if living in a house of 8 girls has taught me one thing, its to walk away, drop it, step back and ask yourself if its worth it. I will admit it… I'm easily caught up in things that I've forgotten about 3 days later. 
There's been an unspoken rule in our house. If someone/somethings bugging you….make some popcorn and move on. (Popcorn has made low nights just a little brighter.)
3. Not everyone is like you.
You know all those rules that you were taught as a child that aren't really rules but you'd never do them anyways…. yeah? Well not everyone was taught those. Don't get me wrong, I've met so many amazing people in my short time here but be prepared! This year I've had some people worked out so wrong. 
When you find those people like you, it's a relief! And a lot of fun and games. 
So this all brings me to today. I'm currently sat in a half packed room after the most stressful week of my life trying to find a house for next year. Finally, we've had some luck!
It's mixed emotions about leaving these four walls that been with me since freshers. Happy to leave the drama and dirty kitchen behind. Sad to leave the memories and the people who have helped me grow so much this year. University has been everything and nothing that I expected all at the same time.  
So until september, goodbye Bath Spa University. But goodbye forever to room 8 Langton O… you've taught me so much and I hope your next fresher enjoys you as much as me.





   
  

1 comment: